Here are the rules for how dodgeball works within this game:
- Each team has six players. The rectangular court is split into two halves (which are roughly square). Three of your players go into the inner area of one half whilst the other three players occupy the boundary area of the opposite half (the rear-attackers). The opposition team occupy the remaining areas in the same way.
- The markings around the court should indicate clearly these areas.
- The play starts with the ball in the middle of the court. The first player to get to the middle and pick up the ball starts play.
- The three players in the square area are the ones that can be eliminated by the ball hitting them. Each team starts with 3 players so the score starts at 3:3. As players get eliminated they are removed from the game and the score goes down for that team. When one team has their third and last player eliminated from this area they lose and the other team wins.
- To eliminate players you need to hit them with the ball 3-5 times.
- Players can take as many steps with the ball as they want. You can also pass the ball amongst your players as much as you want before taking a shot.
- If the ball goes out of play then one of the players in the nearest boundary area will collect it before returning to the court and the game will resume.