TransfersIn the Transfers section of Ultimate Team you can buy and sell individual cards at auction, or at buy-it-now prices (even if you are XBox Live Silver). The options when coming into this section are:
- Transfer Market
- Search Gold Players
- Transfer List
- Transfer Targets
- Search Players from (favourite team)
- Search Contracts
Transfer Market is where you search for cards. You can search by card type (players, consumables, club items, staff), then subcategories underneath that, the main one being gold, silver or bronze level of the card (special for in-forms). For the player search you can choose to filter your search by:
- Player Name
- Quality (bronze, silver, gold, special)
- Chemistry Style
- Minimum Price
- Maximum Price
- Buy Now Minimum Price
- Buy Now Maximum Price
This is useful for getting players that fit into your team with good chemistry, rather than relying on packs for your cards. Also the search by player name is useful too for getting specific players, and is really easy to use as it uses an autofill feature.
The items you bid on can be seen in your Transfer Targets (although some might fall off the end so you might need to go through a few pages if you have bid on lots of cards) and you can also choose to add cards to your watch list that can be viewed here too, perhaps so that you keep tabs on it and bid at the last minute.
The Transfer List is where you sell your cards. Make sure you expand your trade pile size by buying the FUT Increased Trade Pile Size items off of the EAS FC Catalogue. Similarly for the transfer targets list.
When you sell a card EA charge a 5% tax off of the winning bid. That is why whenever you list a card you always get a message pop up:
Your item is now up for trade and can be tracked on your Trade Pile. Successful auctions are charged a small percentage auction fee from the final auction price.
Bear this in mind when setting prices.
- Buy players through auction rather than Buy Now as you get them cheaper.
- Sell players through Buy Now with their starting price one notch below so you can sell them for more.
- Check to see if there is a featured tournament going on section that requires specific players, e.g. an MLS eleven say, and buy those players for cheap and sell for high. Alternatively sell your existing players that meet the requirements for the tournament for high prices, then buy them back for cheap after the featured tournament has expired.
- Buy players with lots of contract (because you can use them for longer without using contract cards).
- Buy cards during Happy Hours as there will be an influx of cards on the market at these times meaning you can pick up some good cards for less. (Supply and demand.)
- If you want a particular card for cheap then bid on multiples of it. This way you can hopefully win at least one auction, and if you win more than one you can resell the duplicates.
- Buy cards that are worth less than their discard value. To see a cardís discard value you can click Quick Sell on it, then note the coins amount before clicking cancel. (This is restricted to rare gold cards.)
- Specialise in particular cards to buy low and sell high (e.g. specialise in individual players, or in-forms, or legends). A good way to learn the market is to be an active buyer and seller.
- Use the compare price option to help you set prices for cards you donít need or want to sell. Also use the compare price option so that you donít overpay for cards too.
- Donít put cards up for less than their quick sell value.
- Buying cards through the transfer system is more economical than buying packs.
- Peak times (evenings in the UK) are good times to pick up cheaper cards because there is a greater supply, and non-peak times (mornings in the UK) are good times to sell cards because there is less competition. At least that is my theory although others say it is the other way around.
- Picking up players with no contract left can lead to you getting players for relatively cheaper as people are less willing to purchase a player with no contract left. Also, in relation to this, try not to use all the contracts on a player before selling them. Try and leave them with at least 1 contract left when listing them so that they hold more appeal.
- To make big bucks through trade you need to buy and sell expensive cards (like in-forms or Legends or Messis and Ronaldos). With high sums of coins involved there is risk involved but if you know what you are doing then this is the best way to make big money. Also bear in mind when selling high value cards that there is a 5% tax applied to the winning bid, so factor that into your profit margin calculations as you donít want it to wipe out your profit.
- (When doing the above be sure of the price range of the particular cards you are trading. Sites such as www.futbin.com have this information. Also note that price ranges can be amended.)
- Whatever you do donít buy or sell coins from or to coin traders as this is against EAís rules of conduct and can result in a ban from Origin (the EA login service).
Playerís quick sell (or discard) values
You can sell cards on the transfer list, but maybe no one wants them or you need some coins. You can discard them. This will get you less than you can get on the transfer market though. Discard values are below.
|Card||Discard value (in coins)|
|Legend||300 x player rating|
|Gold In-form||122 x player rating|
|Silver In-form||70 x player rating|
|Bronze In-form||20 x player rating|
|Gold rare||8 x player rating|
|Gold||4 x player rating|
|Silver rare||3.5 x player rating (and rounded to nearest whole number if not a whole number)|
|Silver||1.5 x player rating (and rounded to nearest whole number if not a whole number)|
|Bronze rare||0.75 x player rating (and rounded to nearest whole number if not a whole number)|
|Bronze||0.3 x player rating (and rounded to nearest whole number if not a whole number)|
Cards you can purchase for less than their quick sell value are rare gold staff cards which have a quick sell value of 240 (except managers which can be more).
The last thing to mention in this section is that you can access your trading (and other things Ultimate Team) away from your XBox by using the FUT web app.